At River Dental in Medicine Hat, Alberta we offer sedation services to anxious or nervous patients. We don't want anything to prevent you from receiving the treatment you desire or need.
We understand that some people may have a fear of the dentist. Using a variety of techniques, we work to help our patients relax before and during their dental procedures so they come away feeling more at ease with the notion of in-office oral care.
Once you’ve experienced sedation dentistry*, you’ll never be afraid to go to the dentist again because you are comfortable and unaware of the treatment, years of dental work can be done in only one or two visits.
- No more needles! You simply take a small pill prior to treatment.
- You will have little or no memory and won’t remember sounds or smells.
- Complex treatments can often be done in as little as one appointment.
- People who have difficulty getting numb will sedation dentistry helpful.
- Sedation dentistry safely reduces the fatigue of extended dental treatments.
How does oral sedation work?
- You are given a small pill an hour prior to your appointment.
- Your companion will take you to the office.
- When you arrive, you will be very drowsy. We will escort you to the dentist's chair, cover you with a warm blanket and connect you to a monitor.
- A technician will be present to monitor your vital signs.
- Once you are comfortable, the dentist and team will begin performing your procedure.
- When your treatment is completed, your companion will escort you home.
Commonly know as "laughing gas", you will feel calmer after a few breaths of nitrous oxide. This is a good option for patients who feel apprehensive about their dental appointment.
Patients are safe to drive themselves home after since the effects of the gas are gone after a few simple breaths of air.
Questions about our services? Ready to book an appointment?
Contact River Dental today.