CEREC 3D is a new technology that helps dentists restore damaged teeth. The new “what you see is what you get” software makes designing restorations fun and easy.
CEREC 3D stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. 3D visualization adds an exciting new dimension to the way it works.
How does CEREC 3D work?
First, the dentist prepares the damaged tooth by painting a thin layer of reflective powder directly on the tooth’s surface.
Using a special camera, the dentist then takes a picture of the tooth. This eliminates having to take an impression and send it to a lab. As the design of the restoration evolves on-screen, the dentist views it with a full 360-degree perspective.
Free-form editing in three-dimensional realism makes designing the restoration intuitive and precise.
In the virtual world of of CEREC 3D, the dentist views, manipulates and verifies all aspects of restoration design for accuracy and assurance of an ideal fit. The material block is then placed in the milling chamber. Minutes later, milling is complete and the restoration is ready to place.
What kinds of procedures can it perform?
- Partial and full crowns
- Other types of single-tooth restorations
What are the advantages of CEREC 3D?
- The dentist performs the restoration in a single session, which can be less than one hour.
- Eliminates the need for impressions and lab services.
- No return visits for the patient.
- The restoration is natural looking, as it is made out of tooth-coloured ceramic material.
- Ceramic material is biocompatible, high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant.
- Metal-free; no silver-colored fillings.
- Allows dentist the ability to save more of the healthy tooth.
Questions about our services? Ready to book an appointment?
Contact River Dental today.